Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cross country skiing on roller blades?

I am aware the people I have seen on trails simulating cross country skiing on rollerblades are quite possiably off-season trainers however; I beleive some of them are engaging in this sport for recreation and excersize. My ? is: Is trere a name given to this sport so I can give the equipment a name to do a search on e-bay.


Thanks for your help.

Cross country skiing on roller blades?
If they are longer than rollerblades and have cross country bindings and boots, they are roller skis.


If they are long rollerblades, than I suppose search there.


You'll use the same boots and poles as in cross country skiing, but you'll have a hard rubber tip instead of carbide tip!


I have used these to train for skiing, but honestly prefere to cross train without these in the off season. The actual technique and flow is just different enough that I would rather work the same muscles by cross training, including pole or hill bounding (running up hills with the poles).



finance

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


roller blades © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting